Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Strawberry 200g
Required for a healthy nervous system - Strawberry
MAGNESIUM ULTRA POTENT
Magnesium is an amazing mineral, involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is required for energy production, muscle and nerve function and much more. Magnesium is so vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient in magnesium due to poor mineral content in the soil and food processing. This is where a good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy, to support these vital processes in the body.
What makes our magnesium so unique and superior to other brands?
- Each teaspoon provides a massive 400mg of elemental magnesium. This provides you with the daily therapeutic dose of magnesium in only one teaspoon.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this powder to optimise absorption and utilisation by the body. We have excluded magnesium oxide from our formula as it is poorly absorbed and can cause a laxative effect.
- Powder formulation to further improve absorption.
- Added taurine to assist in calming the nervous system.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not what you want when you're trying to relax!
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
- Carefully formulated by a team of medical doctors and naturopaths.
The benefits of Magnesium Ultra Potent:
- Reduce stress: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion. Added zinc which is required for the production of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) which help to stabilize mood.
- Headache management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep. Added taurine also helps to calm the nervous system for a better sleep.
- Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Older age
- Gastrointestinal inflammation or disease
- Frequent exercise
- Alcohol dependence
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Chronic constipation
- High stress
- Adults: 1/4 -1 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
- Children: 1/4 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
Cautions and contraindications:
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Excessive doses may have a laxative effect.
- Patients on some orthodox medications should use caution when supplementing with magnesium by taking the magnesium dose 2 hours before the medication.
- Some orthodox medications that may interact with magnesium include:
- Bisphosphonates such as alendronate (Fosamax), etidronate (Didronel), tiludronate (Skelid), and risedronate (Actonel).
- Quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxacin (Ocuflox), moxifloxacin (Avelox), gatifloxacin (Tequin)
- Skeletal muscle relaxants including atracurium (Tracrium), cisatracurium (Nimbex), mivacurium (Mivacron), rapacuronium (Raplon), rocuronium (Esmeron), pancuronium (Pavulon), vecuronium (Norcuron).
- Patients on blood pressure medications such as calcium channel blockers should display caution when supplementing with magnesium by regular monitoring of blood pressure levels.
Each level metric teaspoon (5g dose) contains:
|Magnesium amino acid chelate (providing elemental magnesium 350 mg)||1750 mg|
|Magnesium ascorbate (providing elemental magnesium 13 mg)||210 mg|
|Magnesium glycinate dihydrate (providing elemental magnesium 12.2 mg)||104 mg|
|Magnesium phosphate pentahydrate (providing elemental magnesium 24.8 mg)||120 mg|
|Total elemental magnesium||400 mg|
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)||5 mg|
Citrus flavour also contains malic acid, acacia, stevia, natural lemon flavour and natural lime flavour.
|Unit Of Measure||Each|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Cabot Health users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.